Connect with us
Maduka University Advert

News

Petrol loading from Dangote refinery begins next week

Published

on

Maduka University

Oil marketers have confirmed that they will start lifting Premium Motor Spirit (petrol), from the Dangote Petroleum Refinery next week.

While some revealed that they had started sending trucks to the Lagos-based multi-billion dollar plant to load products from Sunday, others stated that their tankers would hit the refinery any day from next week.

It was also gathered that some dealers are expecting imported petrol before the end of this month.

Saturday PUNCH gathered on Friday that the vessels of some major marketers would arrive in the country in the next 10 days.

Although the President of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, recently announced that only NNPC would lift PMS from the Dangote refinery at the moment, oil marketers stated on Friday that they had already commenced moves to load their trucks with petrol from the plant.

Advertisement

The initial daily supply from the refinery is anticipated to be 25 million litres.

“We should start loading from the plant next week and aside from that, so many marketers are planning to import PMS before the end of the month,” a major marketer, who spoke to our correspondent in confidence due to lack of authorisation to comment on the matter, stated.

The source added, “This means the deregulation of PMS prices has set in fully. Nobody wants to be at the whims and caprices of NNPC again.”

On whether there was an agreement on the price of Dangote petrol, the dealer replied, “The agreement on price has not been reached yet, but what I asked our people was how sure are we that we will get the market if we bring in products at about N1,100/litre?

“They now said many people are fed up with NNPC, adding that there will be an adequate market for the product. So, people should gear up for a price of about N1,200/litre, even from the depots. I know that many are going to bring in products to stimulate competition.

Advertisement

“In fact, for specifics, our imports should arrive in the country in the next 10 days all things being equal. So, we are doing both imports and Dangote, and that is the same with most major marketers. I don’t know which imports are going to come in first, but I know that about three or four major marketers are expecting products.”

Last week, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Heineken Lokpobiri, declared that the downstream oil sector had been fully deregulated, as the government was not fixing petroleum products’ prices again.

“What is important is that the government is not fixing prices. This sector is deregulated. And we believe that with the availability of products, the price (of petrol) will find its level. And this is important for Nigeria to know.

“There is enough product in the country to be able to meet the demands of Nigerians, there should be no panic buying. And we also believe that Nigerians need to know that the government is not fixing prices. That is what I want to convey to Nigerians,” Lokpobiri had said.

The minister disclosed this after NNPC raised the pump prices of petrol from about N620/litre to as high as N855 and N897/litre depending on the area of purchase.

Advertisement

Another dealer confirmed that plans were being perfected to begin the loading of petrol from the Dangote refinery next week.

The source could not confirm if NNPC would also start loading PMS from Dangote refinery next week.

“I don’t know about NNPC, but I want to confirm to you that from next week, we are going to start loading petrol from that refinery. This is concrete,” the source added.

When asked if NNPC would begin the loading of petrol from the refinery on Sunday, the dealer replied, “I don’t know about NNPC, but I know that we are going to start lifting petrol from there next week.”

The National President of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Abubakar Maigandi, confirmed that many marketers had commenced moves to import petrol, as well as load from the Dangote refinery.

Advertisement

He, however, did not state the price of the product being expected from the $20bn Lekki-based refinery, stressing that discussions were still ongoing.

“I cannot tell you the price from Dangote and that of the landing cost for imported products for now. But since the government is now serious about deregulating the downstream oil sector fully, we are also going to start importing PMS,” he said.

The spokesperson for Dangote refinery, Tony Chiejina, had yet to respond to an enquiry on the matter as of when this story was filed.

This came as the spokesperson for the NNPC, Olufemi Soneye, debunked claims that the national oil company had started loading petrol from the refinery.

When told that some marketers claimed that NNPC had started lifting petrol from the Dangote refinery and asked to confirm the development, he simply replied, “false.”

Advertisement

Soneye, however, did not respond to enquiries about the cost of PMS being expected from the Dangote refinery and that of crude to be supplied by NNPC to the largest refinery on the continent.

There were earlier reports that the Dangote refinery and the NNPC were to hold discussions on Friday as regards PMS and crude oil prices.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Confusion In House of Assembly As Speaker Resigns

Published

on

Maduka University

The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has resigned from his position.

Agbebaku stepped down on Monday amid moves by some lawmakers to impeach him.

His resignation was confirmed on Facebook by his media aide, Ivy Adodo-Ebojele, who said further details on the circumstances surrounding his exit would be made public later.

“EDO ASSEMBLY SPEAKER RT HON CHIEF BLESSING AGBEBAKU RESIGNS,” she wrote.

The development has thrown the Edo State House of Assembly into a fresh leadership crisis, with lawmakers expected to determine a new Speaker.

Details shortly…

Continue Reading

News

Odii’s Ebonyi Dream: Restructuring, Infrastructure, Healthcare, ICT Top Agenda

Published

on

Maduka University

The Executive Secretary of the Igbo Oriental Think Tank, Dr. Kenneth Anozie, has highlighted the vision of Dr. Chukwuma Anyichuks Odii for Ebonyi State ahead of the 2027 governorship election.

In a statement titled “Anyichuks Odii 2027: I Have a Dream for Ebonyi State,” Anozie compared Odii’s vision for Ebonyi with the transformational ideals associated with American civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.

According to the political analyst, Odii believes that Ebonyi State possesses enormous potential capable of benefiting the wider population rather than serving the interests of a few.

Anozie said Odii’s proposed agenda includes a restructuring of government to ensure equitable representation and development across the different zones of Ebonyi State.

He also listed improved infrastructure as a key component of Odii’s vision, particularly roads and other projects that would facilitate the movement of agricultural produce, stimulate industrial development and create employment opportunities for youths.

The analyst further said Odii plans to make the civil service more responsive to the needs of residents, establish major healthcare centres across the state’s local government areas to help reduce child mortality, and provide extensive ICT training for young people.

Anozie said the ICT initiative could position Ebonyi as a hub for technology talent, with trained professionals able to compete for opportunities locally and internationally.

“Anyichuks has a dream. Ndi Ebonyi need to cue in to that dream for the benefits of all,” Anozie said.

He urged Ebonyi residents to pay attention to the proposed agenda and participate actively in determining the direction of the state ahead of the 2027 election.

Dr. Kenneth Anozie is the Executive Secretary of the Igbo Oriental Think Tank and a political analyst.

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun guber poll

Published

on

Maduka University

…Governor trounces APC’s Oyebamiji with 66,252

The Independent National Electoral Commission has declared Governor Ademola Adeleke, of the Accord Party, the winner of the 2026 governorship election.

Announcing the final results, INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Joshua Ogunwole, the Vice- Chancellor of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti declared Adeleke winner and returned him elected.

Ogunwole announced that the Accord candidate secured 511,067 while his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress, recorded 444,815 votes.

Adeleke trounced his major opponent with 66,252 votes amid wild jubilation by party supporters and other residents.

Details later…

Continue Reading

News

Osun Guber: Adeleke Sweeps 19 LGAs, Oyebamiji Wins 11

Published

on

Maduka University

The Osun State Governor and Accord Party candidate, Ademola Adeleke, has won 19 of the 30 Local Government Areas in Saturday’s governorship election, while the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Oyebamiji, secured victory in 11 LGAs.Download Offline Maps

The results are being collated and announced, with the Independent National Electoral Commission expected to make the official declaration after the completion of the process.

Adeleke recorded notable victories across several parts of the state, including Ede South, Ede North, Osogbo, Ife Central, Ife East, Ife North, Ilesa West, Odo Otin, Egbedore and Iwo.

Oyebamiji, however, won key LGAs including Ilesa East, Boripe, Irepodun, Obokun, Atakumosa West, Atakumosa East, Irewole, Isokan, Ola-Oluwa, Ife South and Olorunda.

The results announced so far show a closely contested election between the two major candidates, with the other candidates recording significantly lower figures in most of the LGAs.Download Interactive Maps

In Boluwaduro, Adeleke polled 7,118 votes against Oyebamiji’s 7,050. In Ede South, Adeleke secured 26,188 votes while the APC candidate scored 6,219.

Adeleke also won Ife North with 13,879 votes to Oyebamiji’s 9,613; Ilesa West with 16,196 against 12,756; Ifedayo with 7,427 against 6,836; and Ife Central with 21,171 against 15,913.

In Osogbo, Adeleke recorded 36,480 votes while Oyebamiji polled 30,474. He also won Oriade with 21,343 votes to 14,863 and Odo Otin with 18,003 votes against 15,435.

Other LGAs won by Adeleke included Ife East, where he scored 27,201 votes against Oyebamiji’s 18,600; Ifelodun, 21,107 against 18,396; Iwo, 27,085 against 19,660; Ede North, 35,427 against 10,283; Ila, 16,211 against 12,934; Ayedire, 11,073 against 9,910; Egbedore, 19,278 against 11,194; and Ayedaade, 16,681 against 15,719.Design Campaign Signs

Oyebamiji secured victories in Ilesa East with 16,208 votes against Adeleke’s 12,280; Boripe with 19,963 against 12,448; Irepodun with 15,713 against 14,504; and Obokun with 16,120 against 12,023.

He also won Atakumosa West, polling 10,037 votes to Adeleke’s 7,479; Irewole, 29,972 against 10,934; Atakumosa East, 9,936 against 7,872; Isokan, 14,063 against 13,765; Ola-Oluwa, 10,782 against 10,063; Ife South, 14,678 against 13,507; and Olorunda, 24,671 against 23,514.

The outcome places Adeleke ahead in the overall LGA tally, although the final result remains subject to the completion of the official collation and declaration by INEC.
ads

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Osun 2026: Adeleke In Early Lead as INEC Uploads 903 Polling-Unit Results

Published

on

Maduka University
The early results emerging from Saturday’s Osun governorship election are beginning to give an indication of the direction of the race, with Governor Ademola Adeleke’s Accord Party taking an early lead in some of the polling-unit results uploaded by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

As of about 4:30pm on Saturday, INEC had uploaded 903 of the 3,763 expected polling-unit results to its Result Viewing Portal (IReV), representing about 24 per cent of the results expected across the state.

The emerging figures show Adeleke’s party making an early statement, particularly in Osogbo, where results from two polling units reviewed showed the Accord Party ahead of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

At Ward 4, Unit 39, Osogbo Local Government Area, Accord secured 65 votes, while the APC polled 43. The ADC recorded two votes, while ZLP, AA and AAC each scored one vote.

Another result from Ward 4, Unit 13, also in Osogbo, further tilted in favour of the Accord Party, which scored 134 votes against 75 votes for the APC. The ADC polled four votes, while ADP, AAC and APGA recorded one vote each.

The figures have placed Adeleke ahead in the early results emerging from the available uploads, although the lead cannot yet be treated as an indication of the final statewide outcome.

The race remains open, with thousands of polling-unit results still to be uploaded, verified and collated through the official INEC process.

The emerging results are nevertheless significant because they provide the first concrete picture of how the three leading contenders — Adeleke of the Accord Party, APC candidate Bola Oyebamiji and African Democratic Congress candidate Najeem Salaam — are performing in areas where results have been made available.

The early advantage for Adeleke comes after a tense election day marked by complaints over delays in the electronic transmission of results, alleged incidents of intimidation and vote-buying, as well as isolated reports of violence.

Adeleke had earlier expressed confidence in victory after casting his vote, while Oyebamiji also declared that he expected to win the contest. Salaam, meanwhile, raised concerns over the alleged non-recognition of some ADC agents and later reported an attack at his polling unit in Ejigbo.

Attention has now shifted from voting to the results battle, with parties and supporters closely monitoring the IReV portal and the official collation centres.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending